I’m always drawn to basic pieces in stores. You know, the pieces you can wear with literally anything. I found this Old Navy cardigan a couple weekends ago while they were having a major 75% off sale. Before I get into how I styled it, let me just tell you my thoughts about Old Navy…
Old Navy is one of those stores my mom always shopped at for us kids growing up. I’m one of 5 kids, so as you can imagine, she was shopping on a budget. When I think of Old Navy back in the 90’s & early 2000’s, the one image that pops into my head is the Fourth of July flag t-shirts designed for the whole fam. HAHA. The best! And if you don’t know what I’m talking about, here ya go.
For me, Old Navy is a store where you can find on trend clothing for a really affordable price. It’s ‘fast fashion’, meaning the clothing was made quickly, possibly compromising quality. So maybe it’s not the best quality clothing that will last for multiple seasons down the road, but it’s good for the now. The fabrics will pill and wear faster and the dye in the denim will fade quicker. This is just the reality, so expect this when shopping there. I love good quality clothing, so I always hunt for the better pieces in the ‘fast fashion’ stores. This cardigan was one of them…
You can style this cardigan SO many ways: for the office, for casual Friday, for a night out or throw it on to run weekend errands. It’s a neutral color so it matches with everything and it’s a piece you can wear all year long. Everyone should have this in their closet, if you don’t already!
Cardigan: Plush-Knit Long-Line Open-Front Sweater, Old Navy (on sale right now, XS-XXL in 4 colors!)
- Blouse: Women’s Crepe Cami, A New Day Target (comes in black, too!)
- Pants: Mid-Rise Pixie Ankle Chinos, Old Navy (many color options and so perfect for the office! Currently on sale.)
- Heels: Mine are currently sold out, but here’s “Shannon’s Swaps”: Daisie-L Leopard Pumps, Steve Madden
Casual Weekend Look:
- White Tee: EveryWear V-Neck Tee, Old Navy
- Blanket Scarf, Amazon (You can find these at plenty of boutiques, but I found the same style and patterns on Amazon for much cheaper.)
- Leggings: Hue Temp Control Cotton Legging, Hue
- Sneakers: Mine are sold out, but here’s “Shannon’s Swaps”: Women’s Reece Quilted Sneakers, A New Day Target
Casual Friday Outfit: