When I think of ‘fast fashion’ stores like Forever 21, H&M and Zara the price point and the quality really stick out to me. It’s the ‘get what you paid for’ mentality with these brands, even though you can often find some great pieces that will last seasons, rather than weeks, like most clothing they sell. When you think of Target, I’m sure you get the same impression.
About a year ago I discovered ‘A New Day’ brand at Target and was very impressed by the styles and quality, the price points, and the range of sizes they offer. This is a brand that Target has created and is sold only in their stores and online. Week after week I was finding myself checking back in to see what was new on the shelves…and then always leaving with a bag full of new clothing. The pieces I found were the same quality that I could find in Dillard’s and Nordstrom AND, even better, were pieces I could wear to work that didn’t cost a fortune. I don’t know about y’all, but I struggle finding work clothes that don’t feel too “officey” or make me look like I’m 55. My company doesn’t really have a dress code, so that makes it easier, but it’s important to me to look presentable and wear pieces that are at least considered business casual. ‘A New Day’ brand gave me these options.
In my merchandising & retail classes in college, we always talked about who was the customer for specific brands. How old are they? How much money do they make? What’s their style, and what’s their story? For ‘A New Day’, I’d say there are pieces for all ages and all body types. Some pieces are more youthful, while some pieces are better for older women. My favorite part about the brand is the size range. Most styles range from XS – XXL and I can often wear a smaller size than what I usually am with other brands. The BEST feeling, am I right? 🙂 In addition, the sizing is consistent. This is a sign of good quality!
This week I’m giving away a $30 Target gift card and style advice to one lucky Instagram follower of mine to use as you start to build your wardrobe with nothing but ‘A New Day’ pieces! I can only give one gift card away, but my hope is that you all will check out the brand and fall in love with it like I have. It truly is a great option for the stylish working girl on a budget!
P.S. The stores are pretty picked over and limited on stock and styles right now after the holidays. We’re also in this weird transition period where most stores are getting rid of fall & winter merchandise and starting to bring in spring garments. My recommendation is to shop online right now and keep checking back in store as they start to replenish.
To enter the giveaway, there are a couple of easy steps:
- Follow me on Instagram: shannon.n.jones
- “Like” my last 3 Instagram posts
- Tag a friend in the comments of my post about this giveaway and tell them why they’d like following me. 1 comment = 1 entry. Unlimited entries allowed!
Good luck, friends!
- Coat: Women’s Faux Fur Shawl Jacket, A New Day Target
- Dress: Women’s Sweater Dress, Who What Wear Target
- Necklace: Watson Y Necklace in Gold, Kendra Scott
- Shoes: Women’s Ema High Block Heel Pumps, A New Day Target
- Blouse: Women’s Any Day Long Sleeve Tunic, A New Day Target
- Poncho: Women’s Woven Poncho Sweater in Tan, A New Day Target
- Leggings: Temp Control Cotton Leggings, Hue
- Necklace: Rayne Necklace in Abalone Shell, Kendra Scott
- Shoes: Kolton Boot, Vince Camuto (basically sold out everywhere, but if you find them let me know because I’d love another pair…or possibly in black!)
- Sweater: Crew Neck Sweater in Navy, A New Day Target (found in store, but click here to find an identical version at J.Crew. It’s currently on sale for $19.50!)
- Vest: Women’s Faux Fur Vest in Navy, A New Day Target
- Denim: 9″ High Rise Toothpick Jean in Classic Rince, J.Crew
- Necklace: J.Crew (only in store, but I found one online that is really similar! Click here.)
- Shoes: Trace B Flat Mule in Natural Snake, Steve Madden